This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago...
at Carrie K. Jewellery in Singapore
If you are looking to spread your wings amongst a dynamic team where you are empowered to have direct impact the business, we have a position for a Operations Manager. This position will fit you if you have experience in jewellery production, have great attention to detail, are a team player and love jewellery.
Carrie K. is an award winning Singapore designer jewellery label that tells meaningfully uplifting stories through playfully versatile, artisan-crafted jewellery. We invest in developing talent who want to make a real impact. The Carrie K. family consists of a team of ten passionate, entrepreneurial, can-do spirits who are unafraid to challenge convention. Are you one of them? www.CarrieKRocks.com
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Receive production orders and perform quality control checks and ensure that order quantity is fulfilled accurately
Update the inventory management system accordingly
Manage jewellery production jobs to ensure on time, on budget and accurate delivery
Work closely with Sales & Finance to ensure accurate processing and recording of costs, and profitability of jobs
Keep an accurate inventory of gems and raw materials, and ensure there is sufficient stock available so production runs smoothly
Ensure accurate pricing of gemstones & raw material
Co-ordinate with Design and Merchandising for placement of production orders with suppliers
Work closely with sales to track and manage orders and ensure all jewellery design requirements are clear, and production teams are accurately briefed so that jobs a completed on time and on budget
Ensure that systems and processes are in place to support production goals and targets and co-ordinate with all members of the team
Manage costs to meet P&L goals and report on P&L
Training will be provided to give candidate a good understanding of the design and jewellery production process, and gemstones in order to effectively co-ordinate with local and overseas jewellery production teams
DESIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· Communication Skills:: Be a great communicator in order to bring management’s strategy to life. Work with all members of the team and be a brand ambassador to customers.
· Organizational Skills:: Be responsible for multiple categories of things such as suppliers, ordering, inventory assessment, sales assessment, displays etc.
· Leadership Skills:: Supervise projects, deal with conflicts, manage suppliers and motivate team mates to meet merchandising goals.
· Disciplined Work:: Work independently to deliver results in a vast array of fast-paced and dynamic arenas. Implement SOPs to ensure operation efficiency.
· Critical-Thinking Skills:: Consistently analyze the needs of the store and make plans to fill those needs. And, find ways to counteract fallout when best laid plans don’t go as expected.
· Technical Knowledge:: Have a deep understanding of gemstones and jewellery production in order to be able to advise on design weaknesses that may impact production and the quality of the product. And be able to advise on gems, pearls and materials and access quality.