Training Support and Inventory Professional
at Jewellery Design and Management International School in Singapore
Being in charge of JDMIS Inventory and Training Room/Trainee Administration means handling all ordering, receiving and kit production for all classes at JDMIS. Beyond classes, the school's Training Support professional is also responsible for smooth administrative operation - from ensuring classrooms are always ready for scheduled courses to reviewing attendance records, planning for upcoming events and assisting non-technical team members with computers & systems.
This position requires the ability to learn quickly, absolute attention to detail, familiarity with spreadsheets and word processing programs, the ability to perform repetitive activities consistently and to work with minimal supervision. As well as typical administrative tasks, the classroom support professional will also be in charge of physical activities including ensuring classroom readiness and management of the school robot vacuum cleaners, floor washers and some basic classroom tidying.
While the school is not yet big enough to require a hierarchy for this position, we are seeking a junior candidate who will be able to execute their tasks, but also organize their work and manage themselves so that when the time comes to expand, they will smoothly transition into a management role.
This is an excellent opportunity for thoughtful, responsible junior personnel interested in working in a small, tightly knit organization with room to grow - as well as for more senior logistics professionals looking for a change of pace and challenging new inventory system.
Candidates for the position will:
- Be self motivated and eager to participate in JDMIS' vision
- Be able to determine priority tasks and manage themselves without the need for regular supervision or assistance
- Have a good command of the English language and be able to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in writing
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Have the character and aptitude to perform repetitive tasks in a consistent, accurate manner
- Efficiently and confidently operate computer programs to maintain JDMIS' inventory database, place orders and receive goods
- Be able to operate office equipment to ensure proper stock of all printed class materials
- Maintain the stock and work areas in a neat, orderly fashion at all times
- Diligently follow established procedures and constantly think of improvements
- Be willing to undergo an intensive training period during which they will accurately document the procedures they follow
- Be willing to follow procedures as taught and not make changes unless discussed & approved by management
- Enjoy helping people in a creative environment and take pride in your work
The JDMIS remuneration package for this position includes a performance bonus and excellent opportunities for career growth as the JDMIS expands, as well as educational benefits for its employees.
This position requires a full-time commitment with off-days on Mondays & Fridays.